Soup mix (prepared in advance)
- Nam Prik Pao (see recipe) or Jaipur paste (see recipe)
- Chicken stock gel (Knorr stock pots works well)
- Fresh chili (for garnish)
- Make a batch of Nam Prik Pao chili paste (or Jaipur paste) and divide into to individual portions in 40ml/1.4oz plastic food containers.
- Top each one with half a teaspoon of chicken stock gel, and a slice of chili pepper.
On the day
- One portion of soup mix (defrosted)
- Instant noodles (e.g. MAMA Instant Rice Noodles)
- Protien (cooked prawns, chicken, fish)
- Place the soup mix in one bowl and the instant noodles in another.
- Add boiling water to both and stir for 3 minutes
- Transfer the noodles to the soup (discarding the water the noodles were cooked in)
- Add protien of your choice