- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Whole spices
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 green cardamom
- 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
- 3 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 148g Kashmiri Masala spice paste (see recipe)
- 500g diced lamb
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 200g set full fat yogurt
- Heat oil in a pan
- Fry onion until soft.
- Crackle the whole spices in hot oil to release their sweet aromatic flavours (for that Indian home cooking experience)
- Add ginger and Kashmiri Masala spice paste, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 50ml water; cook until the water has evaporated.
- Add lamb, cook until sealed.
- Add 150ml water, cover and simmer until the lamb is tender (approx. 30 minutes), and stir occasionally.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, and yogurt until smooth.
- Remove the pan from heat; allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt mix and return to the heat, simmer for 1-2 minutes to thicken.
- Season to preference.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
- Serve with boiled rice or naan.